The Multi Academy Trust has three levels of governance:
- agreeing the overall strategic direction of the MAT
- appointment of Trustees to the Board
- acting as ambassadors for the MAT
- check and balance on the performance of the MAT and its Board
The Board of Trustees (and its committees)
- overall management, and administration of the MAT
- ensuring appropriate governance and decision making
- dealing with contractual relationships
- ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- holding executive leaders to account for the Trust’s educational and financial performance of the Trust, and for the performance of its staff
Trustees are also accountable to the Members for ensuring clarity of vision, ethos, strategic direction and related targets.
Local Governing Body
Each Academy will have a LGB which operates as a committee of the Board and to which clear roles and responsibilities are delegated.
The Trust Board maintains links with the LGB through a designated Trustee Governor.
Full details of which responsibilities are retained by the Trust Board and which are delegated to the LGBs (as well as those delegated to the Executive/Central team and Headteachers) are set out in the GMLT Scheme of Delegation.